Parents and Carers
Extra-curricular activities are at the heart of a students’ school experience. As parents, you know that the highest standards of education come through communication, clarity and care. Students can achieve the best possible outcomes when families and schools work in partnership.
Below is an example of a small list of clubs and trips the students at Thorns have benefitted from during previous years.
- Numerous Aim Higher trips to local College and University Providers
- Fields Trips to Weston Super Mare in Year 8
- Molineux Visit for GCSE PE
- London Art visits
- A week in Paris!
- Year 7 residential at PGL
*40 offsite visits took place during 2022-23
Some of the Clubs include:
- Numerous sports clubs (Football, Rugby, Basketball, Netball, Multi Sports etc)
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Spotlight (Performing Arts)
- Ukes and Glocks (Music)
- Airgineers (DT)
- Humanities Club (History and Geography)
- Coding (ICT)
- NRG Dance
- Homework Club
*41 clubs have run during the first half term in 2023-24!
In 2023-24 things will continue to grow and develop! We are not only looking to offer a similar wide variety of clubs but we are also planning trips to New York, a trip to the Alps Skiing and PGL for our Year 7 and 11 cohort and a trip to Paris!
All of the clubs and activities on offer at Thorns are available for all students and families to access using our EduLink platform. Via Edulink students can join clubs appropriate to them and families can track students’ attendance at these clubs. The short video below shows students how to sign up today!